Waxing for Women
Look and feel your best by having unwanted body hair professionally removed.
Serenity Spa offers complete privacy for your waxing and aims to make the spa experience truly comfortable for you.
It is important to understand that wax not only removes hair but also nourishes the skin, leaving it soft, smooth
and silky. We use only the best wax that enhances the quality of the procedure to the fullest. Serenity experts
select your type of wax individually, depending on your skin type, hair texture and gender. Our wax is even
efficient at removing very short hair! Waxing is a great long-lasting solution to the problem of unwanted hair.
(View price list)
The most common reason to avoid waxing is the perception that it is painful. Over time as your hair becomes thinner, the process of waxing becomes more comfortable and you get the great look of smooth, sexy skin without the discomfort of shaving!
It is recommended to trim your hair to ½ an inch. This rule applies to all areas. Waxing is a simple solution for a man to have beautiful skin without unsightly hair, to look sexy and feel confident.
What to expect
Waxing removes hair immediately, so your skin is smooth and soft. Your skin will stay smooth for about a month.
Feeling shy? Don’t worry, we have seen it all and done it all! Talk to your waxing professional about what you would like done and don’t worry about using the ‘correct’ terms. There are many names for the same procedures and we will work with you to get the results that you want.
Clean, clean, clean
Serenity Spa has a no double-dipping policy for all of our waxing treatments for your safety and hygiene. We use disposable sheets, strips, spatulas and towels. Each surface is cleaned and disinfected after each client.
How to prepare
- Hair needs to be at least ¼” long for the wax to grab onto and not longer than ½”. If it is really long, the waxing technician will trim it a bit before waxing.
- Make sure the area to be waxed is nice and clean before you go in.
- While having a glass of wine or beer before getting waxed sounds like a great idea, stimulants in the system can cause skin to be extra sensitive to waxing. Give yourself a couple of hours after drinking coffee or alcohol before getting waxed. Instead, drink a lot of water to hydrate your body and skin.
- Avoid any prescription topical face products that contain Retinol, Alpha Hydroxy Acid or skin lightener.
- Taking aspirin before you go can help with the pain. Don’t use ice to numb the skin, since that will cause the pores to close, making it harder for the hair to come out.
- Wear comfortable underwear if you are getting waxed in the bikini area, as the area will be more sensitive right after waxing.
- Relax! We will guide you through the rest of the process while you are in the spa. Your waxing appointment will be held in a private room with a professional waxing technician who will use proper draping to ensure privacy and comfort. Your appointment is confidential.
Who should wax?
Waxing is a great alternative to shaving or permanent hair removal if you have hair that you would rather not. Recommended for people of both genders and all ages, waxing is better than shaving because it removes hair from the root. Over time the hair thins and less grows back. As an added bonus, waxing exfoliates the skin as well, leaving you feeling silky smooth.
Who should NOT WAX?
Avoid waxing altogether is you have diabetes, varicose veins or poor circulation. If you have been using medication or lotions which cause thinning of the skin (some acne preparations), you should not wax as a hair removal method until the skin has recovered. You should also avoid areas of broken or irritated skin or skin with warts, spots, moles or sunburn.
What we wax
We’ll wax anything. Yep – anything. Here are some of the common areas/combinations that men choose:
- Facial waxing: This can include cheeks, eyebrows, ears, nose, chin and neck (front or back).
- Arms: Full arm waxing includes both arms from the shoulders down. Half arm waxing includes the area from the shoulder to the elbow or the elbow to the wrist.
- Chest: Upper torso area (stomach is not included)
- Back: from the bottom of the neck line to the waist line
- Legs: Both legs and all of your toes; half leg waxing can be done from the knees up or the knees down (including the toes)
- Bikini: Removes hair from the front and sides (what would be visible in a swimsuit).
- Brazilian (also known as: Full Bikini): A Brazilian wax removes more hair than the bikini wax. All of the hair from the front, sides, and back is removed, and everything in between, often leaving only a strip of hair in the front or none at all.
Although the pain subsides as soon as the waxing is over, the area can remain sensitive. Don’t use any scrubs for the next 48 hours and stay out of the sun for at least 24 hours. To treat redness or swelling, apply a small amount of post waxing cream or lotion, available in our Serenity Boutique.
After the tenderness is gone, exfoliate in the shower to remove dead skin so that the pores don’t become clogged, which can cause ingrown hairs and bumps.
The amount of time between waxing varies, depending on how quickly your hair grows back and how coarse it is. Clients usually go 3-4 weeks between waxing sessions.
Looking for other options?
Get a gift certificate for any of our services and make someone very happy!